Mysore Ooty Coonoor 2 Nights 3 Days Tour Sightseeing Places
Traveling is a lot about exploration. About the sense of discovering things in places that we’ve never been to before. About feeling at home in places we’ve only heard of from others.
If you happen to be in the Karnataka/Tamil Nadu region or a planning to go there, Mysore, Ooty, Coonoor, et cetera are names you must’ve definitely heard of.
But what’s so special about them?
Quite a lot, actually. We’ve decided to tell you a plan for a memorable trip to the mountains of Tamil Nadu. And don’t you worry about the arrangements. Pick our Mysore Ooty tour package, and we’ll take care of everything!
So this is what the plan looks like:
Day 1: Mysore – Bandipur 73 Km’s 1 Hour 15 Minutes
- Our taxi will report at your place of stay in Mysore by 5:45 am. Start the journey at 6 am.
- Take the first halt at Bandipur National Park. Have breakfast there, and if you want to, go for a Jungle Safari.
- Mudumalai National Park would be the next stop. You can take the Elephant-back safari here to spot different animals.
- The next halt would be at Pykara Boathouse and Pykara waterfalls. The waterfalls are the highlight of serenity here. Boating in the lake is a peaceful experience, and you can enjoy a good meal at the boathouse restaurant.
- Shooting point would be the next halt. There are mountains in every direction you look and you can’t help but feel lost in the beauty of nature here. Fun fact: Quite a few movies have been shot here, and hence the name.
- Now, we head out to the Botanical garden, Ooty. The meager entry fee of ?20 for adults and ?10 for kids is nothing compared to the beauty of the place. Stand anywhere and look all around you, and you’ll feel the tranquillity of nature.
- After the peaceful time spent at the Botanical garden, Ooty, we take a night halt in Ooty itself.
Day 2: Ooty – Coonoor Sightseeing
- The second day of our Mysore Ooty tour package is started with a power packed breakfast, after which you’ll catch the 9:05 am toy train to Coonoor.
- The taxi will pick you up from the Coonoor station and take you to Sim’s Park, which is a serene garden filled with flora and fauna of different kinds.
- Next up is the Lamb’s rock, which is a vantage point that looks over the plains and tea and coffee gardens. The view from here is mind-blowing.
- Our next halt is at 5075 feet from the sea level, Dolphin’s nose. There’s a spectacular view of the valley from up here, and right opposite to the nose are the Catherine falls. The sight of water falling down thousands of feet below is incredible.
- The Tea Gardens in Coonoor are the next place to visit. You can walk through the lanes of the tea gardens and feel the energy and freshness in the air.
- With the day almost over, you head back to Ooty by the taxi and stay the night.
Day 3: Ooty – Mysore 125 Km 3 Hours
- Start the day with breakfast and then head out to Dodabetta Peaks. There are fantastic views from up there and therefore anyone visiting Ooty shouldn’t miss out on the chance to visit this.
- If you thought the Botanical garden, Ooty is the only famous place here, let’s tell you about some more. The next spot on the list is the Ooty Lake. You have the option of taking a boat ride there.
- The Tea factory and Tea gardens are the next stop. Walk around to your leisure and if you want to get some Ooty-grown tea, head over to the shop.
- The Ooty local market is the next attraction on our list. You can buy garments, dry-fruits, and chocolates from the vendors there.
- Check out from the hotel by 11 am. Then move on to the Kalhatty falls near Ooty. Relax and enjoy the calm and peaceful vibes there.
- Finally, we make our way back to Mysore. The trip ends around 9:30 pm.
This is how we end the 3-day trip that covers two prominent national parks and attractions in and around Ooty and Coonoor. Traveling around so much on your own can be a bit of challenge, so don’t you worry. Simply book our Mysore Ooty tour package or call us, and we’ll fix up the most memorable trip of Ooty and the places around for you!
• Start from Mysore at 6 am
• Bandipur National Park
o Breakfast halt
o Optional: Jungle Safari
• Mudumalai National Park
o Optional: Elephant back safari
• Pykara Boathouse
• Pykara Waterfalls
• Shooting Point
• Botanical Gardens, Ooty – Evening
• Night stay at Ooty
• Breakfast in Ooty
• Client takes the morning Toy Train at 9:05 am to Coonoor, cab will pick them up at Coonoor station.
• Sim’s Park
• Lamb’s Rock
• Lunch somewhere in here
• Dolphin’s Nose
• Tea Gardens (Coonoor)
• Return to Ooty by Car
• Night Stay in Ooty
• Breakfast as per client’s convenience
• Dodabetta Peak
• Ooty Lake
• Tea Factory, Tea Gardens
• Ooty Shopping
• Check-out room at 11 am
• Visit Kalhatty Waterfalls
• Tour end at 9:30 pm in Mysore